Are you passionate about well-deployed software and delivering reliable solutions?
Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for a back-end web developer to help us manage the infrastructure for upcoming games. Your experience with AWS, Docker, and Linux will be a vital part in building new game experiences and maintaining our existing web presence.
As a back-end developer, you'll get to help build and maintain our upcoming and existing web projects, while working alongside a team of developers and artists as we engineer an all-new way to enjoy classic games.
- Developing and maintaining backend servers for web applications
- Deploying applications to AWS
- Troubleshooting and optimizing web applications
- Web development on any new Beamdog projects
- Proven experience deploying web applications.
- Experience working with Linux Systems Administration
- Experience developing and maintaining Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience working in agile development, preferably on a variety of team types.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience with Ruby/Ruby on rails
- Experience with MySQL, Postgresql
- Experience in the game development industry.
- Experience maintaining a live site.
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. We offer the following perks:
- Healthcare Benefits
- 80/20 Development Program
- Gym Membership
- Lunch & Learns
- A Great Community: Be sure to bring your D&D character!
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org