Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for Project Manager. Utilize your knowledge of production and project management to help bring classic games to all-new platforms. Your role will help drive the team to success by delivering quality products to a worldwide audience. Reporting to The CEO and COO this position is responsible for supporting studio projects by planning and communicating project requirements and targets to ensure game deliverables and deadlines are executed.
Are you ready for your next adventure? Join our party!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project management/planning (Pre-Production, Planning, Post-Release Support) alongside project leads to ensure deliverables are accurate to project vision and scope, communicated to teams, on track and are completed within deadlines.
- Ensures project requirements are fulfilled and milestones are achieved within project timelines.
- Hold accountability to completion of planned tasks as agreed upon in sprints. Manage project risks by proactively creating action plans for off track deliverables, ensure action plans are executed. Report status changes to stakeholders as needed.
- Ensure completed work quality meets studio standards throughout the project
- Analyze needs for manpower requirements across all projects. Ensure manpower plans are completed, updated and communicated to stakeholders on a biweekly basis
- Manage producers by ensuring project development tasks are created, measured, and assigned. Project vision, deliverables, scope and deadlines are clearly communicated
- 3+ Years in product or project management in a leadership position
- Proven demonstration of results orientated behaviour
- Effectively communicate with high levels of management and employees
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, coaching and inspiring others
- Effective in driving and enabling change
- Ability to see the big picture, problem solve and make and implement recommendations
- Ability to escalate issues as early as possible and provide associated proposed solutions
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet.
We offer the following perks:
- Healthcare Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Lunch & Learns
- A Great Community: Be sure to bring your D&D character!
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com