Technical Game Designer
Are you passionate about game design?
Have you been enraptured as Beamdog has been over the recent renaissance in tabletop games?
Beamdog is looking for a Technical Game Designer to help bring new and exciting games to life
through a variety of platforms and formats. Using your experience in design and scripting, you will be helping Beamdog adapt a best-selling board game into new ways to play and experience for a whole new generation of players.
As a technical game designer, you’ll help design and build the gameplay systems of our upcoming
projects while working alongside a talented team of developers, producers and artists to build the next great Beamdog title.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write clear and concise gameplay design documents and work in conjunction with the Project Director and Programming team to implement them
- Establish a clear, cohesive vision for design projects and communicate those designs to others.
- Development and maintenance of game code (Typescript, Node.js, React, Go)
- Development and iteration of new game specific features and enhancements
- Porting of existing codebases to new platforms
- Development on any new Beamdog projects
- Completion of at least one title in a designer capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years working in an agile development, preferably on a variety of team types.
- Candidate must be organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
- Experience with Typescript, Node.js, and React
- Experience with Go
- Experience within the game development industry.
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet.
We offer the following perks:
- Healthcare Benefits
- Gym Membership
- Lunch & Learns
- A Great Community: Be sure to bring your D&D character!
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org